Ode to a Redhead

Posted by Erin on 3/10/12.

Hello! Good news! About half of the orders placed so far are being picked up by the post today. The other half will be shipped out on Monday :)

There are still some lacquers left so go buy em!

Once everything is shipped out I can get to work on mixing the new collection and I'm pretty sure they will be up by/on Friday. The red toned one that is coming out? Her name is Angela and she is the one. She is seriously so damn beautiful and different and just...it. I've been wearing her on the regular for the last month or so and I'm not blowing smoke up your ass when I say that everyone notices her. The lady at the post office freaks out every single time I wear it. I have to give her a bottle this week for all of her hard work and patience with me :P

Something you might have guessed by now is that I'm obsessed with redheads. In fact, *I* am a redhead. Or at least I have been for the last 15 years or so :P I'm fascinated by red hair and the women who wear it. Molly Ringwald (obviously!), Claire Danes circa 1994 (again, obvious), and my absolute favorite- Shirley Manson from Garbage. This shade is certainly inspired by it and I hope that it shows!


One of the things that's so rewarding about making these lacquers is that I get to work off of concepts like that. I never go into my "lab" with no idea to work off of. I always have some kind of inspiration in my brain that I try to put into a shade. It's like art therapy (or not? I don't really know exactly what art therapy is, ha!). The downside to this is that I have SO many ideas that it's difficult to get them all out. If I made a lacquer for every idea I had, I'd likely have 50 collections :P

I've decided to work toward retiring a few shades in the near future because of this. I want to keep on making new things while keeping things manageable at the same time. The collection AFTER the My So-Called Lacquer collection will also likely be limited edition. This is just a heads up, as well as me kind of thinking out loud. I'll give everyone a fair warning before I make any final decisions on the matter though.

As always, thank you to everyone who has purchased my lacquers! Words cannot express how thrilled I am when someone tells me how much they love them.

4 Responses to Ode to a Redhead

  1. Unknown

    OOO I love that!

  2. Creatively Cass

    Will there be another chance to buy Jem? I loooooove that one!

  3. thepolishwell

    I love red hair too! It's just so striking and gorgeous! This shade is looking really awesome too! <3

  4. Enchanting Cosmetics

    I love red hair too! and I love this color1!

Leave a Reply