Butter LONDON - Minger

Posted by Erin on 8/24/11. Filed under: , , , ,

I am fortunate enough to have a generous boyfriend who fully supports my nail polish addiction. For my birthday he purchased me an insane amount of polishes, including a whole slew of Butter LONDON's. One of my favorite things about Butter LONDON are the names of their shades. They are all named after British cultural icons (ie Pillar Box Red) or British slang terms (ie- Snog). I once went through the entire collection asking my boyfriend what they meant. But one that I was already well acquainted with was Minger- and not because I am one ;)


Color: 
A very warm, rich orange creme that is probably subtle enough to wear at the office. Absolutely perfect for autumn.



Application:
Pretty good. 95% opacity in 2 coats, so I added a third just to be on the safe side. Minimal streakiness. Dried in an average amount of time to a nice glossy finish.


Downside:
It costs $14, which imo is a pricey polish. It's also not super accesible, although it's not exactly hard to find online.



Bottom Line:
Minger means "ugly person", but this polish has nothing particularly ugly about it. Regardless, I think the name is pretty fucking cool anyway. This is an autumn staple and well worth the $14 price tag.

You can purchase Minger and other Butter LONDON shades at beauty.com.

2 Responses to Butter LONDON - Minger

  1. Allie W

    Haha, I love the names! Being from England, I appreciate them :D lovely colour too, I need more oranges in my collection.

  2. Krissy

    Beautiful! I wish my boyfriend would acknowlede my polish habit and buy me some butter londons hahah. He's a keeper lol

Leave a Reply