Color Club - Wink Wink Twinkle

Posted by Erin on 10/4/11. Filed under: , , , , ,

Have I told you guys about the nail polish plaza near me? It's got a Five Below, a Dollar Tree, a Bed Bath and Beyond, a Sally's and a TJ Maxx. All in one plaza. I went over there with my mom a few days ago and couldn't find anything to buy (shocking, right?) until I went with my mom through the checkout at TJ Maxx and saw a Color Club Starry Temptress set for $10. 7 Color Clubs for $10? Yes, please.

I was going to swatch them all for you but I know you've seen them all before by now. I'm the one who's late to the Starry Temptress parade. But today I'm wearing Wink Wink Twinkle from the collection and wanted to share. I will warn you though that my camera HATES neons, so not only are these pictures not completely color accurate, they're also not all that sharp.


Color:
Neon purple/fuchsia with holographic glitter. The glitter in this is strange though, because instead of giving off a twinkly effect, it just makes the polish look speckled. I chalk this up to the base color being more of a creme and not a jelly.


Application:
This polish is thick. Much thicker than I anticipated, which turned out to be not such a bad thing. I only needed 2 coats for opacity and that's pretty much unheard of for a neon. Easy to work with but will no doubt need some thinner added to it in the near future.


Downside:
It's gritty. I used 2 coats of Seche Vite on top and it's still not totally smooth.


Bottom Line:
Wink Wink Twinkle and all of the colors from the Starry Temptress collection are really unique. It's not the colors that are original (they're not). It's the weird speckled effect that they have that makes them totally different from anything else I have in my collection. Wink Wink Twinkle is a really pretty color too, although I'm disappointed that it looks a lot more pink in my photos than it actually is. If you can't score a set of these for a cheap price like I did, try buying them at 8ty8beauty.com.

No Responses to Color Club - Wink Wink Twinkle

Leave a Reply