Barielle - Aura Angora

Posted by Erin on 10/5/11. Filed under: , , , , , ,

I will preface this post by saying that Barielle is not my favorite brand of polish. They have a few really nice shades but the 5 or 6 Barielle polishes I have seem to be problematic. Part of it could be my body chemistry, but I know that their formula could use some work as well. So this is not only a review of Aura Angora but it's also partly a review of Barielle polish in general.


Color:
Aura Angora is a delightful shade of Ochre/Bronze. Creme finish.


Application:
Streaky, but pigmented enough that only 2 coats are needed. It's also on the thick side and will probably need thinner added to it sooner than later.


Downside:
Okay, here it comes. I almost never talk about chipping issues because chipping almost never occurs for me. This could be due to the fact that I change polishes every day, but occasionally I do get chips with really cheap polishes like Wet n Wild or the random no name polishes that you can sometimes get in sets at dollar stores. Almost never do I get chips with mediocre-good quality polishes. Barielle is the exception. This chipped within HOURS of wear on my right hand (which is not pictures in the photos) and I used a nice thick coat of Seche Vite as well. Aura Angora is not the only one of their polishes to do this for me.



Bottom Line:
I love the color to death. Anything mustardy is a win in my book. But the formula definitely needs some work. And at $8 a bottle I'm just not sure it's worth it for their other colors. I would still shell out another $8 for Aura Angora if and when it should run out on me, but will likely never buy any of Barielles other colors again (yes, even Elles Spell!).

4 Responses to Barielle - Aura Angora

  1. Elizedge

    agreed to everything you said. LOVE the color, it does better when another color is on a french or something. Beautiful hand btw!

  2. Elizedge

    agreed to everything you said. LOVE the color, it does better when another color is on a french or something. Beautiful hand btw!

  3. Erin

    Thanks for the tip! Maybe I'll try it with black tips next time I decide to wear it and see how that goes :)

  4. fingers

    Its a pretty color-but I am NOT a fan of Barielle at all!

Leave a Reply