Fantasy Makers - Creepy Pumpkin and Black Magic

Posted by Erin on 10/14/11. Filed under: , , ,

I think I might be the last person to do a Halloween post. I love reading everyone else's and I especially love the nail art I've seen. I have yet to come up with any fresh ideas for Halloween nail art, but when I do I'll post them. Until then, I do want to share these 2 colors from Wet n Wilds Fantasy Makers line. I actually took these photos over a week ago but never got around to posting them. 

This is Creepy Pumpkin:
Color: 
Orange jelly with golden shimmer. I am really impressed with this. I've never seen such a true jelly turned into such a true shimmer before. Usually those turn out to be glass flecked, but this one isn't. Does anyone know of any others like this? I'd love to have more in my collection with this type of finish.

Application:
When I called this a "true jelly", what I meant by that is that not only does it have the high shine and sheerness of a jelly, but it's also on the thick side with a slightly gel-like consistency. So it creates a pretty thick layer on the nail, which obviously adds to a slow dry time. BUT, because it has all that great shimmer added in, it's not streaky like it otherwise might be.

 Downside:
These don't close properly. When you screw the top back onto the bottle, the tombstone shape no longer aligns with the bottle the way it should. Not a huge deal, but an issue that I would have thought they'd have remedied. Maybe mine are defective?

Bottom Line:
Creepy Pumpkin is awesome. It's unique to me and I wish I'd thought to pick up another bottle. Hopefully they're still available by the time I go back to the store. 

This is Black Magic:
Color: 
Black creme base with a strange array of glitter added. There's orange (which actually turns out to be more of a peach), green, and I think I might spot some blue in there too.

Application:
No issues to speak of, really. But...

Downside:
I'm not sure if this will make sense to anyone else, but this polish just feels cheap to me. I don't necessarily think that it looks cheap, but the formula is very reminiscent of an old Wet n Wild that you kept in the bottom of a junk drawer, and by the time you get around to giving it a nice shake and applying it, the pigment had already separated and it's just a big fail. That's what this reminds me of.

Bottom Line:
I could take Black Magic or leave it. It's not bad, but it's not great either. When I slapped my SD card into my computer and loaded up iPhoto I had a better appreciation of it though. In person it just wasn't dazzling. In the photos it actually looks a lot nicer.

I look forward to doing a few more Halloween posts before the 31st. For some reason none of the drugstores in my area are carrying most of the halloween polishes though. I haven't even managed to track down any of the Sally Hansen nail strips, and I really wanted the skull printed ones. Perhaps I'll make a trip to my sisters house this weekend and use it as an excuse to raid the (much better than the one near me) Rite-Aid that's on the way. If not, I guess I'll have to come up with some nail art!

3 Responses to Fantasy Makers - Creepy Pumpkin and Black Magic

  1. Anonymous

    Creepy Pumpkin looks absolutely stunning on your nails!

  2. Rin

    Very beautiful!! I love both of them.

  3. Pretty

    pretty! man I should have gotten these. so nice. i only got the glow in the dark one. I just went on a much needed haul at the drugstore. I was there for so long the workers thought I was crazy. hey it was hot.. and Walgreen was conditioned. lol but cute polish

Leave a Reply