Sally Hansen - Pumpkin Spice

Posted by Erin on 10/31/11. Filed under: , , ,

Happy Halloween to all of you who actively celebrate it. I rarely do anything special for Halloween myself. Last year I went to a party and drank almost an entire Heineken mini keg that was strapped to someones back (he was dressed as a scuba diver). Each time I went to fill up my cup, I'd ask if I could "tap that ass" (Get it? Hur hur derp). I spent the entire next day hating myself and nursing a hangover. This year I'm curling up in bed with some Real Housewives instead. There's slightly less self hatred involved in that. Slightly


I know I promised some Halloween nail art but the truth is I just wasn't feeling inspired. So instead, I give you Pumpkin Spice from Sally Hansen. 

Color: 
Greenish greyish jelly base with orange glitter. A close dupe of ChG's Ick-a-Bod-Y. 

Application:
Meh. It's incredibly sheer and required 4 coats for opacity, which I wasn't happy about. But each coat dried pretty fast so I guess that's a plus. 


Downside:
It's sheer as hell, as I just stated. You might want to just layer it on over a coat of black. 

Bottom Line:
This is a pretty good dupe for Ick-A-Bod-Y (which I LOVE), but there are some major differences in the formulas- both good and bad. First, Ick-A-Bod-Y is much more opaque than Pumpkin Spice. It's a 2 coater. So in that aspect, Ick-A-Bod-Y wins. But Ick-A-Bod-Y is also very very gritty and eats top coat in a matter of seconds. Pumpkin Spice is actually quite smooth and has more depth to it because of that. 

So while Pumpkin Spice is a real pain in the ass in regards to opacity, it's also a keeper. I still love my Ick-A-Bod-Y though, and would probably choose it over Pumpkin Spice if I had to make a decision. 

And just for the hell of it, here is Pumpkin Spice with a layer of Hard Candy's Mattely In Love over it:

No Responses to Sally Hansen - Pumpkin Spice

Leave a Reply