Nostalgic Nail Lacquer - Bizarre Teenage Love Triangle Collection

Posted by Erin on 1/3/12. Filed under: , , , ,

They're done! Finally!

This is the Bizarre Teenage Love Triangle collection. And if you understand the double meaning in the title then you and I can be best friends. If not, we can still be friends, just not the kind who rock out to really good music together.


Each of the 3 shades were inspired by the iconic 80's film, Pretty in Pink. They are all named after the characters in the movie. They're semi sheer and provide a nice and subtle look on their own, but are really good for layering as well.

Check them out.


This is Andie. I'm not a punny person so I'll refrain from calling her "Pretty in Pink", although that's a pretty accurate description. I used 4 shades of pink glitter in a baby pink base for this. I wanted this not only to represent Andie's iconic fashion sense in general, but to specifically represent her custom prom dress.

Note- Andie is NOT vegan friendly due to small amounts of carmine used in the formula.



Duckie. Soft, sensitive, but with a unique flair. This has 3 shades of glitter in a pastel teal base. Chartreuse, holographic teal, and pastel green. All of the glitters in this are different sizes as well. This is the only one that has any holographic glitter in it. Duckie was, after all, one of a kind.

PS- If at this point you are wondering what happened to my index finger, I purposely hid it because the nail broke to the quick on Christmas morning and it looks ridiculous. I just can't bring myself to cut the others down to size :P



Blane might be my favorite. I wanted it to be kind of moody, so I used a purple base and added 2 different blue glitters and a deep purple as well. It's also a tad more concentrated than Andie and Duckie, so you may be able to get away with just 2 coats of this.

You can purchase any (or all) of these at my Etsy shop. I'm waiting on some more supplies to come in the mail and will be sending out samples to bloggers soon after. If you are interested in doing a review for me, feel free to shoot me an email and let me know.

*There was a 4th addition to this collection named after the character Steff. I spent literally months trying to get a formula together for it that matched the picture in my head (pastel yellow with orange glitters) but after trying everything I possibly could and coming pretty damn close to what I thought was perfection, it just didn't work out. I got to a point where I thought I had it and it looked really great on it's own, but once I tried layering it something strange happened and it appeared to have tiny black flecks in it. I believe it had something to do with one of the pigments not dispersing in the base properly. So I chalked it up to the higher powers of polish telling me that Steff was just not meant to be :(

I'm currently hard at work on my next collection  ;)

6 Responses to Nostalgic Nail Lacquer - Bizarre Teenage Love Triangle Collection

  1. Pinkbeauty_love

    Omg these are beautiful.I love the pink and purple one.I hate it when nails break.Great swatches

  2. Nicole

    Oh my GOODNESS! I love the label - too cute! I love the concept, and I'm a fiend for layering polishes. These look great! Congratulations Erin, these are really, really cool!

  3. Katie

    These look so cute! I'm having a hard time picking a favorite! Great job on these!

  4. Leslie K.

    These are awesome!

  5. The Nail Files

    "Blane? His name is BLANE?!"
    LOVE your 80s theme..!!

  6. Ink

    would love to review this collection for you and spread your love to more girls!:D
    they are so pretty!

Leave a Reply